Status and Condition
The organ has been altered from the original installation as described here.
The organ is in good condition and in regular use.
We received the most recent update on this organ's state and condition June 29, 2019.
Austin Universal Air Chests(©).
5 manuals. 7 divisions.
Manual compass is 61 notes.
Pedal compass is 32 notes.
The organ is in side chambers at the front of the room, with visible façade pipes or case front.
Traditional style console.
The console is movable.
Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
Balanced swell shoes/pedals, standard AGO placement.
Combination Action: Computerized/Digital system.
AGO Standard (concave radiating) pedalboard.
Reversible full organ/tutti thumb piston.
Reversible full organ/tutti toe stud.
Combination action thumb pistons.
Combination action toe studs.
Coupler reversible thumb pistons.
Coupler reversible toe studs.
- Allen console, Austin pipe division, 32 "rk" of digital voices by Allen. Jonathan Tuuk was consultant. (OHS PC Database. October 30, 2004)
- Updated through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Replaced twice rebuilt Aeolian-Skinner Opus 1042 (1942), with five manual Allen console and thirty-eight ranks of electronic voices. (Database Manager. March 12, 2008)
- Updated through on-line information from Chad Boorsma. (Database Manager. June 30, 2009)
- Updated through on-line information from Chad Boorsma. -- The instrument retains the Antiphonal division from the church's previous organ. The organ was given by Richard and Helen De Vos in memory of Helen's parents, George and Wilma Van Wesep, who were long-time members of La Grave. (Database Manager. June 10, 2010)
- A Tuba Mirabilis rank was added to the Solo division in 2017 and was dedicated at the morning worship service on October 8. It was built by Chris Broome of Broome and Company and was installed by Haan Pipe Organ Service. The stop was a gift from Richard and Helen De Vos, the original donors of the organ. The Tuba Mirabilis has its own wind supply and is unenclosed. Because there was not sufficient space to put the stop in the actual Solo division, it is located in the chamber on the west side instead. The stop can be coupled to the Swell, Great, Choir, or Pedal. (Chad Boorsma. June 29, 2019)
Currently we have no online documents associated with this organ entry.
If you can provide us with digital files of contracts, correspondence, dedication programs, or any similar items,
please follow this link to our document upload form to send them to us.
If you would like more information about documents included in the Database,
please see our Documents Information page.
Related Database Entries
As a matter of best practice, we maintain separate entries each time an organ is modified or relocated.
Click a link to go to descriptions of other phases in this instrument's life.
Clicking on a link will open the website in a new window or tab.
Please note that we are not responsible for dead links.