Billings, Montana First Church of Christ, Scientist W.W. KIMBALL CO., ca. 1910 Unknown Builder, 19__ - Moving & Re-installation, & Electrification? Unknown Builder, 1948 - New Moller console GREAT (Expressive) COUPLERS 8 Open Diapason 61 Swell to Pedal  8 Clarabella 61 Great to Pedal  8 Dulciana 61 Swell to Great 16,,4 Great 4 FINGER PISTONS SWELL (Expressive) None 8 Stopped Diapason 61 8 Gamba 61 4 Flute d'Amour 61 TOE STUDS 8 Vox Humana 61 None Swell 4 PEDAL MOVEMENTS Expression (bal.) PEDAL (Expressive) Crescendo (bal.) 16 Bourdon 32 ACTION: E-P VOICES: 8 STOPS: 8 RANKS: 8 PIPES: 459 NOTES This organ was reportedly originally built for an unidentified Theatre in an unidentified location. As originally installed, the organ was free-standing and encased with the first 24 pipes of the Great 8' Open Diapason unenclosed and in the facade. They are stenciled in maroon and dusty pink with gold tracery. The original playing action was tubular-pneumatic. The organ was moved to First Church of Christ, Scientist at an unknown date and by an unknown person or firm. Whether it was electrified at this time or when it got a new console later is unclear. In 1948, the organ received a new Möller console. The first 24 pipes of the Great Open Diapason were moved to a new Möller offset chest. Two new pipes and a 2-note chest were also provided to expand the Pedal 16' Bourdon from 30 to 32 notes. The original 8' Vox Humana has been replaced by a bright, trumpet-like 8' Oboe. Sources: JRS; extant organ First Church of Christ, Scientist 7 Burlington Ave. Billings, MT. 59101 (406) 259-0535 Documented: October 11, 1996
Please note that this page was opened in a secondary window or tab. To return to the list of organs that brought you here, simply close this tab.