Norristown, Pennsylvania, 1920s-1960s.
From the OHS PC Database Builders Listing editor, Mar 19, 2016. -
Samuel H. Huntington started a theater organ service firm in Norristown, Pennsylvania sometime in the 1920s.1 He enlarged the organ at the Ardmore Theater in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania using a five-manual console from Gottfried.2
He was still active in Norristown in the 1940s, rebuilding and enlarging church organs. He enlarged the organ at First Methodist of Pottstown Pennsylvania in 1941.3 He may have performed repairs to the organ at Alliance chapel in Pottstown in 1945. A special offering was taken for the organ fund and he played for a service there in November of that year.4 In 1959, he rebuilt an 1892 Frank Roosevelt organ originally located in Temple Keneseth Israel, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, for Peace Tohickon Lutheran Church of Perkasie, Pennsylvania. 5 The church had purchased the organ from the synagogue some years before. Members of the church carried the organ out of the synagogue in pieces and stored them in their barns until the church was ready to have it installed. 6
From the OHS PC Database, derived from A Guide to North American Organbuilders by David H. Fox (Organ Historical Society, 1991). -
S. H. Barrington, organ builder, was active in Norristown, Pennsylvania, from the 1920s through the 1960s.
We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 29, 2019.