Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1900-1954.
From the OHS PC Database, derived from A Guide to North American Organbuilders, by David H. Fox (Richmond, Va.: Organ Historical Society, 1991). -
With Roosevelt firm branch shop in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1879; established F. A. Bartholomay & Sons of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1900; resided in Haddon Heights, New Jersey, by 1920; retired and closed firm, 1954.*
* According to Orpha Ochse, it was Frederick, the son, who closed the firm and retired."Philadelphia ceased to be an organ-building city in 1954, when Frederick Bartholomay (the son) closed his doors in favor of retirement.â€?(Ochse, History of the Organ, 284 — see Sources below for full citation) -Ed.