Oshkosh, Wisconsin, c. 1909-1929; as Maxcy-Barton Organ Co. (Barton organs) 1929-1935.
From the OHS PC Database, derived from A Guide to North American Organbuilders, rev. ed. by David H. Fox (Richmond, VOrgan Historical Society, 1997). -
Established by Daniel W. Barton, Walter Keefe, Tink Humphreys, and W. G. Maxcy in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, c. 1909; made organ and percussion attachments for pianos; built "Barton" pipe organs by 1919; leased space in Wangerin factory of Milwaukee, Wisconsin; firm renamed Maxcy-Barton Organ Co., 1929; firm closed, 1935.
Staff: Harold T. Depue; Richard W. Dirksen; Walter Gollnick; K. G. Kurtz; Phil H. Pierce; Edmund Sobczyk; Al Stoll.