Washington, DC, 1939; Smithsburg, Maryland, 1940-1988
Classification: Service Person
From the OHS PC Database, derived from A Guide to North American Organbuilders, by David H. Fox (Richmond, Va.: Organ Historical Society, 1991). —
Established by brothers Edgar B. and Harold Newcomer in Washington, DC, 1939; operated shop in Smithsburg, Maryland, 1940s; associated with the Moller firm of Hagerstown, Maryland, after World War II, sales, installation; service department in Washington, DC; firm sold to George Payne, 1983, as a division of the Lewis & Hitchcock firm of Vienna, Virginia; active in 1988.
Staff: Irma J. Newcomer.