New Orleans, Louisiana; 1902–1930s
Classification: Service Person
From Organ Database Builders editor Stephen Hall, October 22, 2019. —
William Pilcher revived the name Pilcher Brothers in New Orleans in 1887, the name he and his brother Henry had used in Chicago, the venture lasted until 1900. His sons, Albert, Charles H., and George worked with him, but the business did not do well and his sons Albert, and George left and went to work for Philip Werlein, a piano and organ sales and service firm. By 1906, William was partner with his son Charles H. in Wm. & Chas. H. Pilcher of New Orleans. (1906-1910). When that concern failed in 1910, Charles joined his brothers at the Philip Werlein firm of New Orleans.
From the OHS PC Database, derived from A Guide to North American Organbuilders, by David H. Fox (Richmond, Va.: Organ Historical Society, 1991). —
Active in New Orleans, Louisiana; 1902–1930s.
Staff: Albert S. Pilcher; Charles H. Pilcher; George S. D. Pilcher.