Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Pilcher Bros., Chicago View Extant Instruments View Instruments

Distinction:

Chicago, Illinois, 1863-1864; 1866-1871. </br> [as Pilcher Brothers & Chant 1864-1866.]
Classification: Builder

Update This Entry
October 26, 2019:

From the OHS PC Database, (James H. Cook and Elizabeth Towne Schmitt, co-editors). —

Note from Elizabeth Towne Schmitt:

Old opus nos. 71-86. Reorganized under same name, 1867-69; old opus nos. 87-95 and 119-121, new opus nos. 126-137.
We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on October 26, 2019.

October 30, 2004:

From the OHS PC Database, derived from A Guide to North American Organbuilders, by David H. Fox (Richmond, Va.: Organ Historical Society, 1991). —

Established by Henry {Jr.} and William Pilcher in Chicago, Illinois, 1863; succeeded by Pilcher Brothers & Chant with Henry W. Chant, 1864-1866; resumed previous name, 1866-1871.

Sources:

  • Piano and Organ Purchaser’s Guide, Purchaser’s Guide to the Music Industries, (New York: Music Trades).
  • Stopt Diapason Newsletter #25 (Hoffman Estates, IL: Chicago-Midwest Chapter of the Organ Historical Society).

See Pilcher Family Overview —Ed.
We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on October 25, 2019.

Database Specs:

  • 48 Organs
  • 0 Divisions
  • 0 Consoles

This builder has been viewed 373 times.