Chicago 1871-73; St. Louis 1874-78.
From the OHS PC Database, derived from A Guide to North American Organbuilders by David H. Fox (Organ Historical Society, 1991). —
Successor to Pilcher Brothers of Chicago, IL, 1866-1871.
Brothers William and Henry Pilcher separated after the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. William then partnered with one of his sons as William Pilcher & Son of Chicago, IL, 1871-1873; they returned to St. Louis, MO, 1874-1878. The trail is confused after that, they may have been briefly in Mobile, AL and Galveston, Texas before William re-established a firm called Pilcher Brothers of New Orleans, Louisanna, (1884-1892). After that venture closed, William managed his son William Henry's music school, Pilcher Studio, of New Orleans, LA, 1893-1896, while William Henry traveled as a recitalist. William made one final attempt at organ building, partnering with his son Charles Hobart as Wm. & Chas. H. Pilcher (1906-1910) before his death in 1912. We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.