Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1878.
From the OHS Database Builders Listing editor, August 26, 2016. -
After the death of Felix Barckhoff in 1878, his firm was continued as Barckhoff Brothers by his sons Carl [Sr] and Lorenz with Carl as head of the firm. Lorenz apparently did not stay with the firm, it was succeeded by [Carl] Barckhoff Church Organ Co. in 1882 when Carl relocated to Salem, Ohio. Carl moved the company several times and it is referred to under several variations of that name. The last variation was Barckhoff Organ Company of Basic, Virginia, 1913–1917. The firm was acquired by E. C. Malarkey in 1917.