Updated by Scot Huntington, naming this as the source of information: Viner ledger via private Buffalo organ atlas compiled by David Snyder, 2003..
This organ was three manuals, not two. It replaced two older Hook organs lost in a fire which destroyed the church except for the outside walls, the previous year. In 1908 it was replaced by a 4-manual organ built by the Hope-Jones Organ Co. of Elmira, New York. The Hook & Hastings was moved without change to the Sacred Heart Church R.C. on Seneca Street. When that church built a new building on Emslie Street, the Hook was moved again to St. Mary of Sorrows R.C. on Genesee and Rich Streets. Damaged by fire in 1947, the Hook was rebuilt by the Schlicker organ company. The church was recently closed by the Diocese, but the pipes were rescued and placed in storage. Their future is not bright.
The stoplist below is partly conjectural, based on that found in the Viner ledgers which they assiduously compiled from their service contracts during the 1920s. Two stops in the Choir are not typical for Hook and may have been renamed, and the Pedal reed would be atypical, the three-stop pedal typically having a Cello 8\' before a Trombone 16\' would be specified. These exceptions are noted in the stoplist.
Hook indicates a 2m. Instrument. Tuned to French pitch. Replaced in 1908 by Hope-Jones.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.