In the words of Charles D. Crane, "At a meeting of the Ladies' Circle February 2, 1887, it was voted to work for a new organ. When a ladies' circle Unanimously pass a motion of that kind, we know what It means. They did work and not without success, for on September 16, 1890, as a result of their untiring efforts ... the new organ was dedicated; and a generous donation having been received from Messrs. Charles and Samuel Morse of Minneapolis, it was voted to call the organ 'The Deacon Elisha Morse Memorial Organ.' "
The Inaugural concert on the Instrument was presented 12 September 1890 by Prof. Herman Kotzschmar, assisted by the Congregational Choir and soloslsts, and included selections by Handel, Beethoven, Gounod, Batiste, and Dudley Buck.
The Flute d'Amour 4' Is of stopped wood with some open metal trebles. The Salicional 8' has an independent capped bass, as does the Dolce 8'. -- 1992 OHS Handbook
Status Note: There 1992.