St. Charles Borromeo Roman Catholic Church
58 W. 5th Street
Peru, IN 46970 US
Organ ID: 122
Another improvement made during Meissner's pastorate was the acquisition of the present pipe organ in the rear gallery, supplanting a melodeon. The instrument was installed in 1893 by Louis H. Van Dinter of Mishawaka, Indiana, at a cost of $3,000. The oak facade of Gothic ornament includes twenty-seven stenciled pipes, of which eighteen speak and nine are dummies. The organ is situated beneath an arch that forms the sides of the organ proper. The organ's platform is twelve feet wide at the front, though behind the pillars it is twenty-nine feet wide. A water motor originally provided wind to the organ, and parts of this apparatus were still within the case in the early 1980s. The water-motor knob has since been nude to operate an electric blower. Manual compass is fifty-eight notes (CC-a3); pedal compass (flat pedalboard) is twenty-five notes (CC-c1) . The organ's diamond-shape nameplate has been missing for decades; however, "Louis H. Van Dinter/Builder/Mishawaka, Ind." has been found stenciled on the back board of the very large manual chest. The manual divisions are on one level, the Swell behind tlie Great, enclosed in one box. -- 2007 OHS Atlas
OHS 2007 Convention venue
Builder's Nameplate is not present, but the chest is stenciled with the name of the builder.
Indianapolis booklet, p. 40.