Updated through on-line information from Jeff Scofield. -- The school closed in 1931; the 240-seat octagonal-shaped chapel was then used by the Univ. of Ga. dramatic club until the university's Fine Arts Building was completed shortly after World War II; the Institute property was transferred to the university in 1953, but it remained unused; a chapel restoration program was begun in 1961, with more work in 1982 and completion in 1997. The organ was removed at some point; the campus now serves as the Carl Vinson Institute of Government.
Identified from company publications as edited and expanded in The Hook Opus List 1829-1935, ed. William T. Van Pelt (Organ Historical Society, 1991).