First Presbyterian Church
Delaware Avenue and Sixteenth Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202 US
Organ ID: 14290
For the new church, the congregation returned to the Hook firm, known then of course as Hook & Hastings, to rebuild, enlarge, and install the organ from the old church as its opus 1980. The electric-action organ had stopknob control. Manual compass was fifty-eight notes (CC-a3); pedal (flat pedalboard) compass was twenty-seven notes (CC-d'). Initially the organ had a water motor.
The water motor was replaced by a Kinetic blower in December 1913 at a cost of $231.00, installed by Thomas H. Mielke of Indianapolis. It was designed for 3½" wind pressure.
In 1922 an anonymous donor provided funds for rebuilding the organ. This work was carried out by Mielke, who changed the pitch from concert to international, added a set of Chimes, a Vox Humana, and an Aeoline, and provided a new generator. -- 2007 OHS Atlas
Rebuild and tonal changes in 1922 by Mielke; replaced in 1957 by 3/50 Moller Op. 9018.
Hook moved the church's previous 1871 E. & G. G. Hook, Op. 614 to a new building and reconstructed it. [ed.: not completely accurate, as Moller rebuilt that 1872 organin 1893, the degree to which is not completely clear.]
Identified from company publications as edited and expanded in The Hook Opus List 1829-1935, ed. William T. Van Pelt (Organ Historical Society, 1991).