The organ was originally built by the E. & G. G. Hook Company as Opus 526 in 1870. The organ was expanded and electrified in 1927 by the Hook and Hastings Company as Opus 2539. All the pipes from the 1870 build where retained as well as the facade and organ case. This continued to serve the church and the organ was fully restored in 1993 by the Southfield Organ Company. At the time of restoration, the organ was given a new Solid State console and both a set of chimes and a zimbelstern where added. The organ today is in very good shape, however, some of the electronics within the organ where damaged when the church was struck by lighting causing some of the stops to stop working at this time. There are also a few minor leaks inside the organ. All are repairable.
Identified from company publications as edited and expanded in The Hook Opus List 1829-1935, ed. William T. Van Pelt (Organ Historical Society, 1991).