Updated through online information from John Igoe. -- corrected name of 1950 builder.
Updated through online information from Kristin Farmer. -- This organ was moved from the Presbyterian Church in Winston to Fletcher's Chapel in the 1930s, so it is one and the same organ. The opus list makes it appear that there were 2 organs. Please note the opus # is 1425. It was set up in the original Fletchers Chapel building, then removed and stored in a barn. It was reinstalled in the new Fletcher's Chapel in 1950 or 1951. This is when it was altered by "untubing" the facade and making it now tubular with valves. The case was altered a bit, and then pickled yellow. The facade pipes are now faux something yellow.
Updated through online information from Kristin Farmer. -- The organ is playable and used every Sunday. It was altered a bit in the 1950s. All alterations can be returned to original design. Discussions are now ongoing for its complete restoration.
Identified from company publications as edited and expanded in The Hook Opus List 1829-1935, ed. William T. Van Pelt (Organ Historical Society, 1991).
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.