All Saints Episcopal Church
535 Haws Avenue
Norristown, PA 19401 US
Organ ID: 15690
"On Nov. 5, 1889, the vestry of St. John’s purchased the six lots where All Saints’ now stands. Encouraged by the growth of the Sunday School, St. John’s vestry appointed a building committee for a chapel on the Haws Avenue site and a cornerstone was laid July 13, 1891. All Saints’ Chapel was dedicated Jan. 31, 1892 by the Rt. Rev. O.W. Whitaker, Bishop of the Diocese of Pennsylvania and regular services began in February."
"In 1896, alterations included a bell tower and organ chamber, replacement of the original Tudor window frames with Gothic window frames, 10 new stained glass windows, ash wainscoting in the choir and nave, Gothic panels over doorways, frescoed decorations on walls, paint and carpeting. All of the improvements, aside from the organ,were donated by Miss Swift." -- from Church History web page
Austin installed Opus 512 here in 1914, likely reusing some pipework. Church appears on C.S.
Haskell opus list as work by Charles Haskell, likely installing a small organ before the Hook & Hastings, or, less likely, reported on work list if some work was performed on the Hook & Hastings (e.g., installing electric blower, repairs, etc.)
Identified from company publications as edited and expanded in The Hook Opus List 1829-1935, ed. William T. Van Pelt (Organ Historical Society, 1991).