Updated by Scot Huntington, who maintains the organ.
The organ is located in a North chancel chamber with openings into chancel and nave. Both facades have decorated pipe fences with no woodwork above the impost. The chancel facade is cantilevered over the head of the organist, and consists of Open Diapason basses. The manual divisions are on the same plane, Swell behind the Great, and oriented to face the chancel. The Pedal Diapason fills the rear-chamber wall, and the ancillary 2-stop pedal chest is perpendicular to the manual chests speaking through the nave facade, with the Violoncello basses in the prospect. The windsystem was a large double-rise reservoir with feeders operated by a water motor. The pitch is A435, and the pressure is 3".
Oral church history relates the organ was designed by the church's English organist. While the stoplist is typical Hook & Hastings for the time, the doubled Great Diapasons are very atypical and don't become common in the company's largest instruments for another decade. This is likely the influence the church lore attributes to the organist.
The organ was electrified and tonally altered by the Hook & Hastings company in 1934, as what may have been their last project before the company closed. The quality of the work was marginal, and was assigned a new opus number: 2610.
Identified from company publications as edited and expanded in The Hook Opus List 1829-1935, ed. William T. Van Pelt (Organ Historical Society, 1991).
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.