The church interior was completed according to plans by Ralph Adams Cram.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on November 23, 2019.
Updated through on-line information from William Barger. -- This organ was moved to the back gallery of the church by Norville Hall and Associates, Mentone, Alabama, in 1960. The work was not well done, and the instrument was never at all satisfactory. In the late 1960s/early 1970s, the pipes were sold one at a time to the congregation and the remainder of the organ scrapped. A Möller Artiste (4-rank) from St. Mark's Episcopal, Dalton GA, was installed in the gallery until the present Richards, Fowkes instrument was installed. The façade pipes on both sides are still extant as is the 16' First Open Diapason. Many of these pipes played on both the Swell and Great, and it was most unsatisfactory to be missing those notes when the rest of the organ was moved to the rear gallery. The first open diapason is the only front stop that was playable after the rest of the organ was moved.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on November 22, 2019.
Identified through information in Volume V p. 6 of the Pilcher factory ledger and the list of Pilcher organs typed by William E. Pilcher of Louisville. For more information see the document referenced below.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Pilcher made repairs and moved the console as their Op. 1528.5 in 1930.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.