Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Randall J. McCarty (1982)

Originally Moline Organ Co. (1879)
Exhibited in the 1982 OHS convention

Location:

Church of the Good Shepherd, Episcopal
805 S.E. Ellsworth Road
Vancouver, WA 98664 US
Organ ID: 1759

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Paul R. Marchesano on November 23, 2021.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 8 ranks. 407 pipes. 2 divisions. 1 manuals. 8 stops. 8 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a case at the front of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 1
  • Divisions: 2
  • Stops: 8
  • Registers: 8
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 58
  • Pedal Compass: 25
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style without cover.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on flat jambs.
  • Combination Action: Fixed mechanical system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Paul R. Marchesano on November 23, 2021:

William T. Van Pelt, via Facebook, Nov 22, 2021 Alan Laufman and I disassembled, packed, and removed it from the Franciscan monastery in Bettendorf, Iowa, in January, 1982, and drove it in a Ryder truck (Alan's favorite rental truck brand) to the church in Vancouver, Washington, and installed it, there. We continued to Tacoma for photographing and gathering information on the organs to be visited during the 1982 OHS Convention in the Pacific Northwest, housed by David Dahl. Randy completed the work on the Moline; Randy was also chairman of the 1982 OHS Convention Committee.

We received the most recent update for this note from Paul R. Marchesano on November 23, 2021.

Database Manager on August 27, 2013:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on December 01, 2006:

Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- Black walnut case with ash panels. 3-sectional façade containing 17 pipes arranged 3-11-3. Originally from a church in Galva, Illinois before its relocation in 1918 to the Carmelite Monastery in Bettendorf, Iowa. Organ overhauled by the Levsen Organ Co. of Buffalo, Iowa in 1972 at which time the case was refinished, a new bellows installed, and the action was restored.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on February 11, 2019.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was Moline Organ Co. (1879).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1991.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

From Unity Center (former Carmelite monastery), Bettendorf, IA. Moved here via OCH in 1983 by Randall McCarty. Ded. 2 Oct 1983 by Jane Edge and Randall McCarty.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Sanctuary interior and organ: Photograph by James R. Stettner. Taken on 1994-12-30

Organ case: Photograph by James R. Stettner. Taken on 1994-12-30

Organ case: Photograph by James R. Stettner. Taken on 1994-12-30

Keydesk and pedalboard: Photograph by James R. Stettner. Taken on 1994-12-30

Keydesk; manuals and stops: Photograph by James R. Stettner. Taken on 1994-12-30

Pedalboard: Photograph by James R. Stettner. Taken on 1994-12-30

This instrument has been viewed 700 times.