Updated through online information from James R. Stettner.
Updated through online information from Joseph Dzeda. -- The organ originally was built by Hutchings with tubular-pneumatic action between the console and chamber. This must be one of the earliest Hutchings pitman chest instruments; a similar instrument for Christ Church in New Haven that was built one year previously had slider chests. In the 1920s the Hall Organ Company converted the action between the (new) Hall electro-pneumatic console and the chests to electro-pneumatic action by removing the lead tubing and by installing their typical Hall chest magnets where the lead tubes had entered the chest primaries. This work was carefully and professionally done; from the magnet boards upwards, however, the organ is entirely original with respect to its side-valve pitman windchests, pipework and chassis, including all of the Hutchings regulators. The Hall console was placed on the opposite side of the chancel to where the Hutchings console had been. The mechanical swell pedal linkage was replaced by a Hall 8-station swell engine when the Hall console was installed. The Hall company also installed a 25-note set of Deagan Class A chimes and a 49-note Mayland harp, both with Hall actions, located in the swell box. The Hall console received a new supply-house combination action in the 1940s, which is currently inoperable.
Identified through information in Classified List of Hall Organs, published in 1929 by Hall Organ Co., West Haven, Connecticut.
Transept, Chancel, Apse, and pipe facades: Photograph by The Rev Richard E Beattie. Taken on 2012-04-10