Updated through online information from Bob Faucher.
Updated through online information from faucher. -- There is mention of an organ built for this building by William Goodrich containing 13 stops and 731 pipes. It was installed in the rear gallery until 1881. Hutchings-Plaisted was engaged in 1881 to rebuild and enlarge the organ at the left front of the church. This instrument preserved the original pipes and chests of the Goodrich which lasted until 1957. In 1929, the action was converted to electric and a new console provided by William Laws. Rostron Kershaw performed the rebuilding in 1957, providing all new windchests and further enlargement and rearrangement - using the old Laws console. By 1973, it had become unreliable and Berkshire Organ was commissioned to undertake a major tonal revision and enlargement and to provide a new console. In 1995, Faucher Organ Co. was commissioned to tonally enlarge the instrument, build a new 3-manual drawknob console, replace the winding system, and add a digital Choir and Antiphonal divisions.
Updated through online information from Andrew Tung.
Identified through online information from Robert Faucher.