Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock. -- The "American Musical Directory," published by Thomas Hutchinson, New York, 1861, reports "Size of organ--3 banks keys, 38 stops, 2 octaves pedals. Built by H. Erben, in 1846, from a specification prepared by Dr. E. Hodges."
"The organ was built in 1846, by Henry Erben of this city, at a cost of about $10,000, from a specification prepared by Dr. Hodges, organist of the church at that time. The organ has 43 stops. The diapasons are on a very large scale, giving a 16 ft. tone on each manual. The pedals contain two stops--16 and 32 feet. There are 8 reeds stops, including a 16 feet trumpet, and 16 feet serpent. The swell organ is one of extraordinary power, adn is enclosed in a triple swell box. The choir organ is separate from the main instrument, and is seen in front of the organ gallery--the action works passing under the organist's feet. The organ presents a majestic front, its highest point being 60 feet above the pavement of the church."
Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Replaced by E. M. Skinner Opus 408 (1923). Case retained throughout subsequent alterations.