Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Skinner Organ Co. (Opus 486, 1924)

Location:

First Presbyterian Church
310 Fifth Street SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401 US
Organ ID: 22947

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Presbyterian Churches
  • The organ has an unknown or unreported status.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: EP pitman
  • 40 ranks. 2,682 pipes. 5 divisions. 4 manuals. 35 stops. 44 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): EP pitman chests
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 4
  • Divisions: 5
  • Stops: 35
  • Registers: 44
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable combination pistons.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard.
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on July 23, 2012:

Updated through online information from Richard C Greene.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 16, 2007:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- The chimes, while actually playable from the Great, Solo, and Pedal, were located in the Solo box. The organ was installed behind the facade of the previous instrument. The dedicatory recital was played by Marshall Bidwell on Thursday, March 12, 1925 at 8:15 p.m. Source: Dedicatory Recital Program.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on January 19, 2006:

Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Replaced by 3/45 Reuter, #1752 in 1971 retaining 6 Skinner ranks; some pipework now in #771 in Coe College; the rest went to Freeport Organ Co.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Specification from Dedication Program
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 334 times.