Updated through online information from William J Benner. -- This instrument was severely damaged by water and plaster on several occasions in the past, which resulted in cleaning but no tonal alterations. Console had been converted to solid state in 1990, however. The chimes and the harp/celeste listed in the specification were never installed. Sometime early in its life the pedal chime drawknob was appropriated to add a 32' Resultant to the pedal. The instrument is currently being restored by the Bunn=Minnick Co in Columbus Ohio. They are adding a renovated Skinner harp/celeste rescued from another instrument and are searching for a compatible chime set. The 32' Resultant will be retained, though not original. The organ was in continuous use from 1926 until June 5, 2009.
Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Built in Westfield; poorly rebuilt in 1950; console components and switching systems replaced by solid-state combination action by Peebles-Herzog in 1990; wind pressures restored to original specifications in 1990; extant.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.