Cost: $18,000We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- The main organ is located in the rear gallery tower. The Echo division is antiphonal to the main organ, and is housed in a left-side chamber with ornately carved facade in the chancel. The organ has been restored in phases beginning in the 1990s. First the blower was rebuilt and cleaned. Next, the Swell was de-piped, cleaned, releathered, rewired, and pressures adjusted. These first two phases were done by the Fowler Organ Co. of Lansing, Michigan. Next came the cleaning, releathering, and rewiring of the Great, Choir, and Pedal. This phase was followed by replacing the non-original chimes with a used, refurbished set of Deagan chimes. And lastly, the Echo division and console were cleaned, releathered, and rewired. These last three phases were accomplished by the Holden Organ Co. of Ferndale, Michigan.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Extant. Dedication by Palmer Christian in early 1931.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.