Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

M. P. Möller (Opus R-941, 1976)

Originally Skinner Organ Co. (Opus 824, 1930)

Location:

National City Christian Church
5 Thomas Circle
Washington, DC 20005 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 23633

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Disciples of Christ / Christian Church
  • The organ has been rebuilt or substantially revised.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 105 ranks. 5,381 pipes. 5 divisions. 4 manuals. 66 stops. 92 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
  • Position: Pipes exposed (in whole or in part) at the front of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 4
  • Divisions: 5
  • Stops: 66
  • Registers: 92
  • Position: Movable console.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style without cover.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Remote pneumatic/mechanical capture system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Toe Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on January 17, 2016:

2/16 Antiphonal organ added in 1981 as Moller Op. 11536; main organ rebuilt and enlarged to 5/140 as Moller Op. M-3456 in 1985, with a new 5-manual console.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on May 15, 2006:

Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Rebuild and enlargement of E. M. Skinner Opus 824 (1930). Further work in 1980, 1985 and 1995.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist copied from the factory specifications via the OHS Archives
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Church interior and exposed pipes: Photograph from a 1981 Moller brochure in the collection of James R. Stettner. Taken on 1980-06-30

Church Exterior: Vintage Postcard, courtesy of T. Bradford Willis, DDS (1969).

Console taken at factory after removal from church: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1990-01-28

This instrument has been viewed 1,112 times.