Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock. -- The "American Musical Directory," published by Thomas Hutchinson, New York, 1861, reports "Size of organ--3 banks keys, 42 stops, 2 octaves pedals. Built by R.M. Ferris, in 1849."We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- Originally cost $2,500. In a case in the rear gallery. five-sectional case having three large, gothic-framed flats separated by two smaller flats - containing 23 pipes arranged: 5-3-7-3-5. Console has drawknobs arranged in cruciform layout. G-compass organ. 1868, Levi Stuart (Ferris' half-brother) changed the manual compass to C-compass and added a 25-note pedalboard. 1884, Calvary Church relocated choir from the gallery to divided chancel. New Roosevelt organ was ordered. The Ferris organ was sold for $1,500 to the Round Lake, New York Association, a Methodist camp meeting group. Sources: Extant organ in Round Lake documented July 1988; NYC AGO website.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Rebuilt by Levi U. Stuart in 1868, then moved to Round Lake, New York and rebuilt by Giles Beach.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.