Calvary Presbyterian Church/Metropolitan Baptist Church/Old Church Society, Inc.
Portland, OR US
Organ ID: 2448
Updated by James R. Stettner, based on personal knowledge of the organ. -- The building was later occupied by a Southern Baptist denomination who moved out in the 1960's. The building was facing destruction. Efforts by local advocates saved the building and in 1969 it became The Old Church Society and is run as a concert venue and place for weddings and meetings. The organ lost its original Great 8' Trumpet and Swell 8' Oboe, and the Forte/Piano composition trundles were removed. Those were all later replaced during a 1997 restoration by the Bond firm of Portland, Oregon.
Status Note: There 1997
Formerly Calvary Presbyterian Church. Bldg sold to Evangel Baptist 1948. Sold to 1st Southern Baptist (Metropolitan Baptist) in1951. After 1969, owned by the Old Church Society, Inc. Organ in almost daily use as of 1997.
Chancel and Organ (wider view): Photograph courtesy of Bond Organ Builders, Inc.. Taken on 2006-06-20
Chancel and organ from side angle: Photograph courtesy of Bond Organ Builders, Inc.. Taken on 2006-06-20