Updated through online information from Thomas Veregge. -- Entire Felgemaker/Tellers-Kent incorporated into the 1981 rebuild by Bunn-Minnick, with additions.
Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- This was the electrification and alteration of the existing, 3-manual, 1906 Felgemaker. The project was begun by Mr. Ray Arnold of Columbus in 1955. But he was fatally injured in an automobile accident while the organ was literally strewn about the sanctuary. Bids were sent to seven companies and A.W. Brandt of Columbus was selected. Between 1955 and 1961, the organ was gradually - though evidently poorly - rebuilt. The original slider chests (which were known to have cracks) were retained and had their tubular-pneumatic primaries and stop actions electrifed. The Echo added in 1924 was moved to the chancel organ. Three new stops were installed, and a new console was provided. In less than 10 years after the project completion, the organ was again "ailing" and by 1979 was no longer playable. It was ultimately replaced with a new 4-manual, 7-division, 51-rank Bunn=Minnick in 1981 - which was placed behind the 1906 Felgemaker facade and incorporated some of the existing pipework.
The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.