Originally called Mary Lyon Chapel and connected to Mary Lyon Hall, it was renamed Abbey Memorial Chapel in memory of Emily Abbey Gill when her family funded a major enlargement of the chapel in 1938.
Updated through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Rebuild of 1898 3/36 Geo. S. Hutchings, #436; rebuilt by E. M. Skinner & Son in 1938 as #511.
The original builder was Geo. S. Hutchings (1898, Opus436).
Rebuild. Rebuilt by Ernest Skinner & Son in 1938.
Chapel interior: Photograph by Stephen St-Denis, via flickr.com, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2019-03-27