Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Orgues Létourneau Ltée (1995)

Originally Aeolian-Skinner Organ Co. (Opus 968-B/C, 1953/1964)

Location:

Bruton Parish Church, Episcopal
201 Duke of Gloucester Street
Williamsburg, VA 23185 US
Organ ID: 25574

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been altered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition needs attention, but in usable condition.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 96 ranks. 5,686 pipes. 8 divisions. 4 manuals. 71 stops. 86 registers.
All:
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 4
  • Divisions: 8
  • Stops: 71
  • Registers: 86
  • Position: Console in fixed position, right.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable combination pistons.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard.
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Piston(s)
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Piston(s)
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Piston(s)
  • Has Combination Action Toe Piston(s)
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Piston(s)
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Piston(s)
  • Has a Piston Sequencer
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on June 06, 2014:

Updated through online information from Allen Blehl. -- The III Cymbal on the Great has been disconnected; the 4'-2' Piffaro II on the Positiv has been reduced to only the 4'; and the IV Scharff on the Positif has been reduced to three ranks. The chimes on the Antiphonal also no longer function.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on March 12, 2007:

Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Rebuilding of much rebuilt and altered Aeolian-Skinner Opus 968.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist taken from console by Allen Blehl (May 2014)
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Gallery and Facade: Photograph by William Dunklin. Taken on 2011-07-10

Church Exterior: Photograph by William Dunklin. Taken on 2007-05-18

Chancel with Organ in Front Gallery: Postcard ca. 1950, courtesy of William Dunklin.

Console: Photograph from undocumented source. Taken on 1996-09-09

This instrument has been viewed 42 times.