Updated by ROGER D STODDARD, listing conversations with this person as the source of the information: John Gentry.
Updated by Harper Craft, listing conversations with this person as the source of the information: John Gentry.
During a 1985 renovation and addition of the towers, it was discovered that the wooden parts of the building were termite-ridden; so, except for the two towers and two of the walls, the remaining structure was razed and rebuilt to seat 1,400 for 3,200-member congregation; the Casavant was installed and the 1913 2-manual Austin was donated to the First Presbyterian Church of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Updated through online information from John Gentry.
Identified through online information from Jeff Scofield. -- The Antiphonal divisions are located about two-thirds of the way back the right side wall.
Sanctuary Interior, Chancel, and Pipe Facade: Photograph courtesy of the Casavant Fréres Archives. Taken on 1987-11-01
Antiphonal Pipe Facade and Chamber Grillework: Photograph courtesy of the Casavant Fréres Archives. Taken on 1987-11-01
Console Close-up: Manual, Couplers, and Builder\'s Nameplate: Photograph by Harper Craft. Taken on 2017-01-20