Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Multiple Builders (1989)

Originally Geo. Kilgen & Son, Inc. (1899)
Exhibited in the 1995 OHS convention

Location:

Ste. Anne de Detroit Roman Catholic Church
1000 Ste. Anne Street
Detroit, MI 48216 US
Gabriel Richard Chapel
Organ ID: 2578

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Paul R. Marchesano on February 08, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 11 ranks. 637 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 18 stops. 11 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a floor-level case at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 18
  • Registers: 11
  • Position: Keydesk attached, manuals set into case.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 27
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on May 07, 2018:

Built originally for Holy Cross Lutheran Church on Jos. Campau Street in Detroit, this organ sat unused for many years after the Lutherans moved in 1941 and left the organ behind. Rescued in 1986, the instrument was renovated and installed in the Gabriel Richard Chapel by Ste. Anne's organist Wayne T. Warren, assisted by Ken Holden, Dana Hull, and John Lyon. -- 1995 OHS Handbook

We received the most recent update for this note from Paul R. Marchesano on February 08, 2022.

Database Manager on April 12, 2009:

Updated through online information from Ray Ahrens.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1995

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Built for Holy Cross Lutheran, Campau St. Left behind when Lutherans moved in 1941. Moved here in 1989.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
1995 OHS Handbook: Open In New Tab
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Paul R. Marchesano on February 08, 2022.
Stoplist from Ray Ahrens.. On-line update from Ray Ahrens.: Open In New Tab Document created on 2000-01-01
We received the most recent update for this document from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Organ: Photograph by Ray Ahrens. Taken on 2009-10-16

Keydesk: Photograph by Ray Ahrens. Taken on 2009-10-16

Pump handle: Photograph by Ray Ahrens. Taken on 2009-10-16

This instrument has been viewed 680 times.