Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Balcom and Vaughan (Opus 615, 1954)

Originally W. W. Kimball Co. (1912)

Location:

Bethany Lutheran Church (Greenlake)
7400 Woodlawn Ave. NE
Seattle, WA 98115 US
Organ ID: 26092

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ is no longer at this location; destroyed, dispersed, relocated or taken in trade.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on July 04, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 10 ranks. 581 pipes. 3 divisions. 2 manuals. 10 stops. 17 registers.
All:
  • Position: In side chambers at the front of the room. No visible pipes.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on July 04, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 3
  • Stops: 10
  • Registers: 17
  • Position: Console in fixed position, right.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Horseshoe style console.
  • Stop Controls: Stop keys in horseshoe curves.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable combination pistons.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Piston(s)
  • Has Combination Action Toe Piston(s)
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on July 04, 2018.
Database Manager on June 13, 2007:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- The two ranks added were a Kilgen, tenor C. 8' Voix Celeste (which may have been either used or new), and a new Reuter 8' Trumpet - both playable from the Swell. In 1992, Marceau & Associates of Portland were contracted to move the console. At this time a 4' Principal was added to the Swell and the existing 4' Harmonic Flute was transposed to 2' pitch. Sources: Balcom and Vaughan opus list and files; extant altered organ documented August 26, 1991 and previously, church files.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on May 16, 2007:

Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- Reinstallation in the new church of the existing, used 1912 Kimball previouly electrified and installed in the former church by Balcom and Vaughan in 1936. Two ranks were added and the Pedal was unified.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Console: Photograph by James R. Stettner. Taken on 1991-08-26

This instrument has been viewed 66 times.