Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Casavant Frères Ltée. (Opus 1114, 1925)

Location:

Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, Roman Catholic
9844 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202 US
Organ ID: 27314

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on March 01, 2019.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Electro-pneumatic (EP)
  • 50 ranks. 3,504 pipes. 4 divisions. 3 manuals. 43 stops. 50 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Electro-pneumatic (EP) chests
  • Position: In gallery-level chambers at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on March 01, 2019.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Stops: 43
  • Registers: 50
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Pistons
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on March 01, 2019.
Database Manager on January 28, 2019:

Updated by Joe Balistreri, who has heard or played the organ.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on January 29, 2019.

Database Manager on June 14, 2010:

Updated through online information from Jeff Scofield.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on June 11, 2010:

Updated through online information from Jeff Scofield.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on August 02, 2007:

Identified through online information from Douglas W. Craw. -- The Gallery Organ was rebuilt in 1987 by J.A. Hebert & Son (Local Casavant representatives) with no tonal changes. Original installation in 1925 included a small 2 manual & pedal organ in a front transept. This organ was originally controlled from the main console as well as from a console in the transept. Casavant rebuilt the Transept organ in 1968, establishing it as a separate instrument, no longer playable from the Gallery console and added additional pipework. The stats cited here only pertain to the Gallery Organ.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist copied from the factory specifications
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

The database contains no images for this instrument. If you have some, please share them using the update entry button on this page.

This instrument has been viewed 1,037 times.