Database Manager on November 27, 2016: This is a rebuild of an existing organ. Identified by Ronald Damholt, based on personal knowledge of the organ.
This organ was built for Episcopal Church of the Redeemer, Superior, Wisconsin in 1891, where it remained until 1972. In that year a member of the parish, Mr. Arnold Sunnarborg, helped dismantle and move the instrument to storage In a barn on his property, later offering it for sale through Alan Laufman of the Organ Clearing House. Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd purchased the instrument in 1987 and contracted with Bradford Organ Company for its restoration, including the ornate stencilling of its facade.
As some pipes had been damaged beyond restoration, Bradford replaced the 8' Open Diapason from tenor G and installed a Mixture II in place of the original Dulciana. While the organ's manual action is mechanical, the pedal chest was restored to its original tubular-pneumatic design.
In 2013 the organ was purchased by St. John's Episcopal Church, Chicago, Illinois, and reinstalled there by Bradford.
OCH. Was in Duluth, MN. To Chicago 1987. Rebuilt Bradford.