Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Klug & Schumacher (1985)

Originally Reuter Organ Co. (Opus 1701, 1970)

Location:

St. John Lutheran Church
1600 S. Orlando Avenue
Winter Park, FL 32789 US
Organ ID: 28417

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 66 ranks. 5 divisions. 4 manuals. 43 stops. 53 registers.
All:
  • Position: In side chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 4
  • Divisions: 5
  • Stops: 43
  • Registers: 53
  • Position: Console in fixed position, left.
  • Manual Compass: 61
  • Pedal Compass: 32
  • Key Action: Electrical connection from key to chest.
  • Stop Action: Electric connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with roll top.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on angled jambs.
  • Combination Action: Adjustable combination pistons.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals, AGO standard placement.
  • Pedalboard Type: Concave radiating pedalboard meeting AGO Standards.
  • Has Crescendo Pedal
  • Has Tutti Reversible Thumb Piston(s)
  • Has Tutti Reversible Toe Piston(s)
  • Has Combination Action Thumb Piston(s)
  • Has Combination Action Toe Piston(s)
  • Has Coupler Reversible Thumb Piston(s)
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Piston(s)
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on October 08, 2007:

Updated through online information from Stephen Hall. -- This organ was a relocation of Reuter Opus 1701 built in 1970 for New Old South Church in Boston. The Bombarde, Chancel division and some ranks in other divisions were not installed due to lack of space.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on September 13, 2007:

Identified through online information from Stephen Hall. -- The organ was originally installed in another church; rebuilt and revoiced by unknown builder. Organ is in regular use for services and concerts.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist [with photograph] from Stephen Hall
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Church Exterior: Photograph by Stephen Hall. Taken on 2012-01-03

Chancel, Pipe Display, and Pipe Facade: Photograph by Stephen Hall. Taken on 2012-01-03

Console: Photograph by Stephen Hall. Taken on 2007-09-21

Manuals and Rocking Tablets: Photograph by Stephen Hall. Taken on 2007-09-21

Left Stop Jamb: Photograph by Stephen Hall. Taken on 2007-09-21

Right Stop Jamb: Photograph by Stephen Hall. Taken on 2007-09-21

Console: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1993-07-07

Sanctuary interior: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1993-07-07

Church exterior: Photograph by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 1993-07-07

This instrument has been viewed 186 times.