From the NYC AGO NYC Organ Project: The Ocean Parkway Methodist Episcopal Church was originally known as Ridley Memorial M.E. Church, located on Lawrence Avenue near Ocean Parkway in Parkville. Electricity was introduced to the church in 1896, with twenty-two lights in the church and eleven in the lecture room. In 1902, the Epworth League of Ridley Memorial celebrated its tenth anniversary, so the church dates back to at least that time. In 1911, a new church was built at Ocean Parkway and Foster Avenue, two blocks north of the earlier location, and the church was known as Ocean Parkway Methodist Episcopal Church. This church no longer exists. The Estey Organ Shop Order for their Op. 2536 shows that Estey provided a two-manual luminous-roller type console, and a case measuring 16 feet wide by 17 feet high in the center. The organ was voiced on 5" wind pressure. Notes indicate that the church seated 500.We received the most recent update for this note from Jeff Scofield on November 27, 2020.
Updated through on-line information from Connor Annable.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Identified by James R. Stettner through information from the Estey Opus List, published in The Boston Organ Club newsletter, 1973-1979.We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.