Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- From a March 11, 2009 email from organist Renee Haag: "The original organ in the sanctuary was a Hook and Hastings, built and installed around 1906 [in 1903], at the cost of $4000.00. It had some work done to it in 1928. In 1958, it was completely rebuilt and restored by the Gundling Organ Company. The organ includes a console, a set of chimes and 1534 pipes, as well as the display pipes seen in the choir loft. On December 7, 1997. Gundling organ company was contracted to do a restoration and upgrade of the organ. Work done included a major overhaul, pipe cleaning, replacement of all leathers, replacing two ranks of pipes with new ones of different voicing and upgrading to include a piston in memory system and a transposer. The mechanical system in the organ was replaced by a newer and more dependable system. The volume or crescendo controls were replaced by a motorized system and the chimes were restored with a newer type striking action."
Identified through on-line information from James R. Stettner.