Johann Philip Bachman (1809)

Location:

First Reformed Church
Lebanon, PA US
Organ ID: 30897

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Reformed Churches (RCA, CRC, URC, PRC)
  • The organ has an unknown or unreported status.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 1 manuals.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a gallery-level case at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 1
  • Position: Keydesk attached, manuals set into case.
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with hinged doors that enclose keyboards.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in vertical rows on flat jambs.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Swell Control Type: No enclosed divisions.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on April 05, 2012:

Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock. -- On the "David Tannenberg, Organbuilder" website, Philip T.D. Cooper writes "Bachmann repaired the organ in 1816 and it was moved to the church's new building in 1844. It was replaced in 1903."

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on January 29, 2009:

Updated through online information from Philip T. D. Cooper.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on November 13, 2007:

Identified through online information from James R. Stettner. -- The history of the church as presented on the Tabor UCC website states that the organ was installed in 1809. A ca. 1861 photo shows the men and women of the choir gathered in front of a German/Moravian-style, white, pipe organ with a 5-sectional facade containing 27 non-stenciled pipes arranged: 5-7-5-7-5. this organ was replaced in 1903 by a new 2-man. Hook & Hastings, Opus 1988. Disposition of the 1809 organ is unknown.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Choir and organ; photo from church website used with permission: Submitted by James R. Stettner. Taken on 2008-11-13

Pipe Organs in the Philadelphia area sponsored by:
This instrument has been viewed 413 times.