This church was the site of the first Akron Plan layout; it was devised by Lewis Miller, a wealthy inventor and industrialist; Miller supervised the Sunday school at the church; he employed the graded system and experienced the problems that arose from unsuitable building designs. The Akron Plan fell out of favor in the early 1900's.
Originally known as First Methodist Church, then Church of the Savior, United Methodist; St. Paul's UMC merged into the Church of the Savior to become Crossroads UMC in 2014.
Updated through online information from Rev. Edward M. Fashbaugh.
Updated through online information from steve bournias.
Updated through online information from John Green.
Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Extant; some additions and changes in 1978 and 1985 including two ranks from #452 and 32' Bombarde from Cincinnati Music Hall; console rebuilt by Kegg in 1997.