Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Richard L. Bond (1981)

Originally Geo. Kilgen & Son, Inc. (Opus 28 (believed), 1887)
Exhibited in the 1982 OHS convention

Location:

Holy Rosary Catholic Church
630 7th Avenue N.
Edmonds, WA 98020 US
Sanctuary
Organ ID: 3514

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ has been restored to a previous state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Paul R. Marchesano on February 25, 2022.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 27 ranks. 1,379 pipes. 4 divisions. 3 manuals. 25 stops. 25 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In side chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 3
  • Divisions: 4
  • Stops: 25
  • Registers: 25
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: Fixed mechanical system.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
  • Has Coupler Reversible Toe Pistons
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on August 11, 2008:

Updated through online information from Christopher Rini. -- Played on 8/1/2008. A very nice organ in good tune and regulation. The bottom octave of the Choir Clarinet was added later, and there is a prepared for Mixture II on the Great.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on December 30, 2005:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- The case is made of American walnut, and the façade pipes and supporting woodwork were originally ornately stencilled. At Holy Rosary, the upper woodwork and the pipes were painted in blue and purple. After the building had an earthquake retro-fit and interior re-decoration, the upper woodwork and the façade pipes were repainted in tan and brown. The facade is 5-sectional and contains 33 pipes arranged: 4-5-15-5-4. The outer flats of 4 pipes each are from the Pedal 16 ft. Grand Open Diapason and the mouths face inward. The middle flats of 5 pipes each are from the Great 8 ft. Open Diapason (4 pipes) and the Great 8 ft. Viol d'Gamba (1 pipe). The center flat of 15 pipes contains seven more 8 ft. Open Diapason pipes, and notes 2 thru 10 of the 8 ft. Viol d'Gamba.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on February 11, 2019.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was Geo. Kilgen & Son (1887).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1990

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Built for First Baptist Church, Los Angeles, CA. Moved to new bldgs in 1898 (by Murray M. Harris) and 1923 (W. 6th St.). 1923 bldg used by several denominations after 1927. The Full Gospel Tabernacle, Los Angeles, CA owned it in 1978, & sold the organ through OCH. Compass 58/27.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist copied from the console February 22, 1991 and updated August 17, 1999
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
  • Apple Music - David M Lines plays the historic Kilgen organ. 11 tracks.

Instrument Images:

Organ: Photograph by Jim Cook.. Taken on 2008-07-14

Church exterior: Photograph by Jim Cook.. Taken on 2008-07-14

Nameplate: Photograph by Jim Cook.. Taken on 2008-07-14

Pedalboard: Photograph by David Lines. Taken approx. 2012

Keydesk: Photograph by David Lines. Taken approx. 2013

This instrument has been viewed 934 times.