Updated through online information from Andrew Schaeffer.
Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock.
Updated through online information from T. Daniel Hancock. -- "In 1976 Leonard Berghaus installed the Ruckpositiv and a hooded copper Ceremonial Trompete in the Great. . . The Ruckpositiv has no manual of its own. It is played from the Great or Choir manuals. The reeds used in this addition were made by Giesecke of Gottingen, West Germany and some or all of the flue-work may have come from Milwaulkee (Meyer?). Paul Bunjes consulted on the additions and designed the display of the new pipework."
Updated through online information from Andy Schaeffer. -- The organ (one of the last G. Donald Harrison signature instruments) was originally installed in 1954. In the early 1970's an 8' Festival Trumpet and a 2' Oktav were both added to the great (the 2' oktav being originally prepared for.) At G. Donald Harrison's insistence, Aeolian-Skinner had prepared a design for a Ruckpositiv to complete the design. Sadly, due to lack of funds, this particular design was never finished. In 1976 Berghaus finally added a Ruckpositiv to a totally new tonal specification designed by Dr. Paul Bunjes of Concordia University Chicago (River Forest.)
At some point a Zimbelsturn was also added.
The console and all Aeolian-Skinner pipework (including G. Donald Harrison voicing) have remained untouched.
Identified through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn:
Additions to Aeolian-Skinner Opus 1235, including Rückpositiv.
Rear of nave, gallery and exposed pipes: Photograph by Andrew Schaeffer, via Facebook, submitted by Jeff Scofield. Taken on 2022-11-15