Updated through on-line information from James R. Stettner. -- Originally built for a church in San Francisco. Relocated to (old) First Presbyterian in 1863. Moved to new (present) church. Loaned to Westminster ca. 1889. Ca. 1897, loaned to Vernon Presbyterian in Portland. Ca. 1954 loaned to Lewis & Clark College, but installed in College Dean Lewis Thayer's home in Portland. 1978, finally relocated here to Lewis & Clark with restorative repairs. Cherry case painted. Missing original Keraulophon replaced with an 8' Oboe. 1995, finally returned home to First Presbyterian and installed with further restorative repairs by Bond.
From First Presbyterian, San Francisco, CA; via First Presbyterian, Portland, OR 1863; via Westminster Presbyterian, Portland, OR 1889; via Vernon Presbyterian, Portland 1897; via Dr. L. Thayer residence 1950s. Restored by Coulter in 1979. Relocated back to First Presbyterian, Portland, OR.