Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Unknown Builder (1913)

Originally (Carl) Barckhoff Church Organ Co. (1885)

Location:

Emanuel Lutheran Church
68364 County Road 27
Fairfax, MN 55332 US
Organ ID: 3662

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Lutheran Churches
  • The organ is unaltered from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is good, in regular use.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 9 ranks. 450 pipes. 2 divisions. 1 manuals. 9 stops. 9 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a gallery-level case at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 1
  • Divisions: 2
  • Stops: 9
  • Registers: 9
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 58
  • Pedal Compass: 30
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Swell Control Type: No enclosed divisions.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on June 28, 2015:

Updated through online information from John J. Miller. -- Organ was relocated from Immanuel Lutheran Church of Mankato, MN in either 1913 or 1919. A member of Emanuel identified a picture in the church narthex taken April 13, 1919 as a picture of the organ dedication. However, a note inside the organ states the relocation was in 1913. Electric blower added in 1928.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on June 24, 2015:

Updated through online information from John J. Miller. -- Organ was relocated from Immanuel Lutheran in Mankato, MN in 1913 or 1919 by an unknown builder. A picture in the narthex of the church taken April 13, 1919 was identified by a member as a picture of the organ dedication, however, the note in the organ states that it was relocated in 1913.
Electric blower installed in 1928.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on May 29, 2015:

Updated through online information from James R . Stettner. -- The organ was cleaned, repaired, and retuned between July 23 and August 3, 1973 by Lawrence J. Marowski of Jefferson, Wisconsin and Prof. Edward Meyer of New Ulm, Minnesota.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist taken from keydesk May 9, 2015
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Balcony and Organ Case: Photograph by John J. Miller. Taken on 2015-05-09

Keydesk: Photograph by John J. Miller. Taken on 2015-05-09

Left Stop Jamb: Photograph by John J. Miller. Taken on 2015-05-09

Right Stop Jamb: Photograph by John J. Miller. Taken on 2015-05-09

Second Builder's Nameplate: Photograph by John J. Miller. Taken on 2015-05-09

Sanctuary Interior and Chancel: Photograph by John J. Miller. Taken on 2015-05-09

Church Exterior: Photograph by John J. Miller. Taken on 2015-05-09

Builder's Nameplate: Photograph by John J. Miller. Taken on 2015-05-09

Note on Windchest: Photograph by John J. Miller. Taken on 2015-05-09

This instrument has been viewed 380 times.