Immanuel Presbyterian Church
1100 N Astor St
Milwaukee, WI 53202 US
Organ ID: 36766
Updated through online information from Scott Crowell. -- New 3-manual console, 16' Bassoon (Swell), and 8' French Horn (String) installed by Fabry in 2005. Many voices have been retained from original 1881 Hook & Hastings organ. Fabry releathered the organ in 2009 and recently added a 43-pipe facade using 16' Diapason and 16' Violone pipes.
Updated through on-line information from Stephen Hall. -- Hook & Hastings built the original organ in 1881 for the Wisconsin Exhibition Hall, it was moved to the church in 1901 after Immanuel rebuilt from a fire. Organ underwent renovations in 2002, console was replaced in 2005. Organ was releathered in 2009 by Fabry. (information from the church website accessed May 14, 2009 and on-line article in Milwalkee Journal Sentinel dated May 15, 2009)
New console and rebuild of much altered Hook & Hastings of 1881.