Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

Harley Perkins (1976)

Originally Geo. Kilgen & Son, Inc. (1890)

Location:

St. Pius X Roman Catholic Church
Portland, OR US
Organ ID: 379

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Roman Catholic Churches
  • The organ has been relocated.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Slider
  • 12 ranks. 629 pipes. 2 divisions. 2 manuals. 14 stops. 12 registers.
All:
  • Chest Type(s): Slider chests
  • Position: In a floor-level case at the rear of the room.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Divisions: 2
  • Stops: 14
  • Registers: 12
  • Position: Keydesk attached.
  • Manual Compass: 58
  • Pedal Compass: 27
  • Key Action: Mechanical connection from key to chest (tracker, sticker or mix).
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack.
  • Stop Controls: Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs.
  • Combination Action: No combination action.
  • Swell Control Type: Balanced swell shoes/pedals.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on March 11, 2007:

Updated through online information from James R. Stettner. -- Quarter-sawn oak case. seventeen gold-painted facade pipes. Swell Tremolo on a hitch-down foot lever to the left of the expression pedal.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

The original builder was Geo. Kilgen & Son (1890).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

Status Note: There 1997

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on October 30, 2004:

OCH from House of Prayer, St. Louis, MO 1976. Installed in St. Pius X's earlier building c. 1976 by Dean Applegate, Harley Perkins and Joseph Smith. Restored by Bond 1985 and moved into a new building. (enlarged?)

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist from PortlandORgans.com (now inoperative)
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Organ: Photograph by Jim Stettner. Taken on 2002-02-02

Keydesk: Photograph by Jim Stettner. Taken on 2002-02-02

This instrument has been viewed 468 times.