Pipe Organ Database

a project of the organ historical society

M. P. Möller (Opus 387, 1902ca.)

Location:

Christ Protestant Episcopal Church
Bourbong Street
Bundaberg, 11 AU
Organ ID: 40152

Update This Entry

Status and Condition:

  • This instrument's location type is: Episcopal and Anglican Churches
  • The organ has been renovated with changes from its original state.
  • The organ's condition is unknown.
We received the most recent update for this instrument's status from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.

Technical Details:

  • Chests: Information unknown or not applicable
  • 2 manuals. 16 registers.
All:
  • Position: In side chambers at the front of the room. Facade pipes or case front visible.
We received the most recent update for this division from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Main:
  • Manuals: 2
  • Registers: 16
  • Position: Detached, reversed keydesk (mechanical action).
  • Pedal Compass: 30
  • Stop Action: Mechanical connection between stop control and chest.
  • Console Style: Traditional style without cover.
  • Pedalboard Type: Flat straight pedalboard.
We received the most recent update for this console from Database Manager on May 13, 2018.
Database Manager on August 29, 2010:

Updated through online information from Cliff Greet. -- Op 387 was installed in 1902 and is still a mechanical action instrument. The original facade pipes were replaced by Whitehouse Bros (Brisbane) in 1927, when the new church was built. One can assume that the original pipes were either lost or damaged prior to the 1927 installation. Although Whitehouse replaced the facade (speaking pipes) they were probably made by Palmer of London as Whitehouse never built metal pipes. An electric secondary division was added in 1963 by Charles Dirksen Organ Co. This is separate and switchable as to remove it from the organ's normal action. Investigations reveal that it is not a swell but just a switchable addition to the instrument. My information suggests that the original spec was 2/9 and that seven stops are in the electric secondary division. The organ is in excellent condition and is used for Sunday worship and other events. This information is from personal experience and from "Historic Organs of New South Wales" by Graeme D Rushworth.

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on August 20, 2010:

Updated through online information from Cliff Greet. -- OP 387 was installed in 1902 and is still a mechanical action instrument. The original facade pipes were replaced bu Whitehouse Bros (Brisbane) in 1927. An electric secondary swell was added in 1963 by Charles Dirksen Organ Co. This is separate and switchable as to remove it from the organ's normal action. My information suggests that the original spec was 2/9 and that seven stops are in the electric secondary swell. The organ is in excellent condition and is used for Sunday worship and other events. This informatyion is from personal experience and from "Historic Organs of New South Wales" by Graeme D Rushworth

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Database Manager on March 23, 2009:

Identified through information in List of More than 5200 Moller Pipe Organs (Hagerstown, Maryland. M. P. Möller, 1928).

We received the most recent update for this note from Database Manager on February 11, 2019.
Source not recorded: Open In New Tab Stoplist from Cliff Greet
We received the most recent update for this stoplist from Database Manager on April 09, 2020.

Instrument Images:

Organ case in gallery: Photograph by Cliff Greet. Taken on 2010-08-17

Great stopjamb: Photograph by Cliff Greet. Taken on 2010-08-17

Swell stopjamb: Photograph by Cliff Greet. Taken on 2010-08-17

Couplers and builder's name stencil: Photograph by Cliff Greet. Taken on 2010-08-17

Expression shoe: Photograph by Cliff Greet. Taken on 2010-08-17

Great pipework and swellbox: Photograph by Cliff Greet. Taken on 2010-08-17

Pedal 16' Bourdon behind swellbox: Photograph by Cliff Greet. Taken on 2010-08-17

Electric stops added by Lye: Photograph by Cliff Greet. Taken on 2010-08-17

Added 8' Trumpet: Photograph by Cliff Greet. Taken on 2010-08-17

This instrument has been viewed 62 times.